ADDRESS:Fenlukou Town Yu'an District Lu'an City Anhui China-237143
The main factors affecting electrode consumption are smelting process characteristics, electrode material and quality, oxidation of electrode surface, ore furnace load, electrode accident and electrode management.
Measures to reduce the consumption of graphite electrodes are mainly based on the improvement of electrode materials, electrode surface treatment and the use of cooling electrodes. After the electrode surface oxidation loss is reduced, the electrode tip loss is also reduced. The specific measures are as follows:
(1) cermet coated electrode. The coated electrode adopts ordinary graphite electrode as raw material, the surface is sprayed with a metal aluminum film by a plasma spray gun, and a layer of refractory mud is coated on the outside of the aluminum layer. Finally, the high temperature of the arc is used to melt the metal aluminum and the refractory material, repeating 2~3 Secondly, a cermet layer is formed which is both electrically conductive and resistant to oxidation at the temperature of the crucible. The anti-oxidation coating has the following properties: the resistivity is 0.07~0.1μΩ; below 900°C, gas permeation does not occur within 50h of operation; the decomposition temperature of the coating material is above 1850°C. The use of a graphite electrode with an oxidation resistant coating reduces electrode consumption by 20% to 40% compared to graphite electrodes of the same quality.
(2) Inorganic salt-impregnated electrode. The borate and phosphate impregnation method can improve the oxidation resistance of the graphite electrode and increase the strength of the graphite electrode. The impregnation process is carried out under low vacuum conditions, and the preheated graphite electrode is immersed in a hot impregnation liquid to infiltrate the inorganic salt into the micropores of the graphite, and the impregnation process is 3 to 4 hours, followed by drying and surface treatment. The surface conductivity of the impregnated electrode is better than that of the coated electrode, and the use of the impregnated electrode can reduce the electrode consumption by about 20%.
(3) Inorganic salt and metal powder coating. Coating the graphite electrode with an inorganic salt added with chromium, molybdenum or silicon carbide powder can improve the oxidation resistance of the electrode to a certain extent.
(4) Spray surface cooling method on the electrode surface. A ring-shaped water spout is arranged below the electrode holder, and water is evenly sprayed onto the surface of the electrode to form a thin water film on the surface of the electrode. The vaporization of water absorbs a large amount of heat from the electrode, which lowers the surface temperature of the electrode and reduces the oxidation loss of the electrode.
(5) Combining electrodes. The combined electrode consists of a metal water cooled electrode with a screw joint and a graphite electrode. The upper metal electrode is in contact with the copper head and acts to transfer current from the copper head to the graphite electrode. The cooling water of the metal electrode takes away the heat of the graphite electrode, lowers the temperature of the electrode, and reduces the speed of oxidation loss of the electrode to some extent. The use of a combined electrode can reduce electrode consumption by 20% to 30%. The disadvantage of the combined electrode is that the lengthening procedure is complicated, the power failure time is extended, and the workload is increased.
(6) A new composite electrode. The novel composite electrode for the metal silicon ore thermal furnace consists of a graphite core and an external self-baking electrode paste liner, and the fired electrode is extruded from the steel shell to ensure continuous discharge of the electrode.
Please send us your requirement by email.
Copyright © Greenergy Refractory and Insulation Material Co.,Ltd All Rights Reserved.